Choose a partner with unmatched experience.
S&C gives you the power to feel comfortably in control of your project. Leveraging our extensive experience designing and building microgrid systems, we’ll develop a customized solution for you that will anticipate future demands and ensure reliability.
GridMaster® Microgrid Control System
This control system is the brain of a microgrid. It is the key to unlocking the microgrid’s benefits, and it is the critical piece that makes the microgrid “smart.”
Designed specifically for microgrids, S&C’s unique network architecture offers the intelligence and performance required to control, monitor, and communicate with your microgrid’s generation sources, loads, and distribution equipment.
Learn more about the GridMaster Microgrid Control System.
Energy storage enables microgrids to respond to variability or loss of generation sources. S&C has more experience integrating energy storage systems than any other microgrid provider.Learn More
North Bay Microgrid
A microgrid providing a resiliency hub and refuge to a Canadian community.Watch Video
A complex series of interconnected microgrids for a major Texas utility.Watch Video
City of Field Microgrid
An energy storage-backed microgrid providing support during outages in Canada.Watch Video
PEER Certification Project
The Ameren microgrid is the first utility-scale microgrid to achieve a Gold PEER Certification. Watch our video below.
More Case Studies
- Microgrid Provides Resiliency Hub with Sustainable Power to Community
- S&C Builds Ameren a Microgrid To Study Distribution Use Cases
- S&C Engineers Overcome Real-World Challenges Constructing a Groundbreaking Microgrid
- S&C Provides Community Energy Storage to Smooth Solar Power in California
- Canada’s First Utility-Scale Energy Storage System Islands Remote Town During Outages
- Island Energy Storage Reduces Air Pollution Emissions
- Smart Microgrid Goal: Perfect Power
Latest Microgrid Articles
- Post Irma: Will the Southeast become the New Northeast for Microgrids?
- Analysis: Will the Perry Study Actually Help Microgrids and Energy Storage?
- S&C Electric’s IPERC Wins Designation for Military Microgrid Controller
- Most Read Microgrid Articles & the Trends They Reveal for 2017
- Pennsylvania Tackles a Big One: Who Pays for Utility Microgrids?
- A Steady Ride Up for the Microgrid Market in 2017?
- Military Microgrids Steeply Cut Energy Costs Says New Study
- Creating a Smart City? Do this First
- Why Energy Storage May be Bigger than You Think
- Ameren Microgrid Goes Live as First in Utility Cybersecurity
- Building Unintentional Microgrids on Purpose
- Microgrids Plus Feeders Equal a Winning Combination
- The Growing Problem of Momentary Power Outages: What Can Utilities Do?